The lymphatic system is a vital part of the human body’s immune system, and it plays several important roles, including:
- Maintaining fluid balance: The lymphatic system helps to maintain the balance of fluids in the body by draining excess fluid from the tissues and returning it to the bloodstream.
- Immune defense: The lymphatic system plays a critical role in the body’s immune defense by filtering foreign substances, such as bacteria, viruses, and cancer cells, from the lymphatic fluid and destroying them.
- Absorption of fats: The lymphatic system also absorbs fats and fat-soluble vitamins from the digestive tract and transports them to the bloodstream.
- Waste removal: The lymphatic system helps to remove waste and cellular debris from the body.
- Transportation of immune cells: The lymphatic system transports immune cells, such as lymphocytes, to various parts of the body, where they can fight infections and other diseases.
Overall, the lymphatic system is crucial for maintaining a healthy immune system and proper fluid balance in the body.
There are no reviews yet.